Re: Name of main process differs between servers (postmaster vspostgres)

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Name of main process differs between servers (postmaster vspostgres)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 04:51:32PM -0500, Jonathan Lemig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed on two of my postgres servers, one has "postmaster" for the main
> process, and the other has "postgres".   My question is - why is this?  For
> example:

On my centos6 servers:

151814    0 lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            8 May 10 21:32 /usr/pgsql-10/bin/postmaster -> postgres

Do you have something else ?

Is there a symlink for pg_ctl or postmaster or postgres in /s?bin, /usr/s?bin,
or /usr/local/s?bin ?

Was one started by initscript and one started by something else (manually
running pg_ctl or similar) ?

Are the initscripts the same?

Did one of them start at boot and one restarted since then ?

You might get a hint by comparing /proc/909/environ with /proc/4804/environ
(the relative pids suggests that 4804 was perhaps re/started significantly
after boot).  And or proc/pid/comm, exe and stat.

Did one of them crash since it was started (or killed by OOM) ?

Justin

PS, I think the list residents would for the future to ask to keep admin/DBA
oriented questions on pgsql-general, and development/bugs on -hackers.