Re: automatic restore point

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: automatic restore point
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:01:06PM -0400, Isaac Morland wrote:
> I think an optional setting making DELETE and UPDATE without a WHERE clause
> illegal would be handy. Obviously this would have to be optional for
> backward compatibility. Perhaps even just a GUC setting, with the intent
> being that one would set it in .psqlrc so that omitting the WHERE clause at
> the command line would just be a syntax error. If one actually does need to
> affect the whole table one can just say WHERE TRUE. For applications, which
> presumably have their SQL queries tightly controlled and pre-written
> anyway, this would most likely not be particularly useful.

There was a patch doing exactly that which was discussed last year:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/948/
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160721045746.GA25043@fetter.org
What was proposed was rather limiting though, see my messages on the
thread.  Using a hook, that's simple enough to develop an extension
which does that.
--
Michael

Вложения