Re: Avoiding Tablespace path collision for primary and standby

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Avoiding Tablespace path collision for primary and standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 02:17:23PM -0700, Ashwin Agrawal wrote:

> On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>     Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal@pivotal.io> writes:
>     > Proposing to create directory with timestamp at time of creating
>     tablespace
>     > and create symbolic link to it instead.
>
>     I'm skeptical that this solves your problem.  What happens when the CREATE
>     TABLESPACE command is replicated to the standby with sub-second delay?
>

> I thought timestamps have micro-second precision. Are we expecting tabelspace
> to be created, wal logged, streamed, and replayed on mirror in micro-second ?

I didn't see anyone answer your question above.  We don't expect
micro-second replay, but clock skew, which Tom Lane mention, could make
it appear to be a micro-second replay.

Сообщение: Re: line numbers in error messages are off wrt debuggers
Сообщение: Re: line numbers in error messages are off wrt debuggers