Setting statement_timeout

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Setting statement_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Since 9.5 the Postgresql ODBC driver sets a default statement timeout.
According to Hiroshi the specific value (30 seconds) isn't set in the
driver but "from apps or middlewares". We have two applications which
issue queries which may take more than 30 seconds. One of which was
developed in house, so we can simply override the default in the
application (just issue "set statement_timeout = 299000" after
connecting), but the other one is commercial closed source software.

So my question is: Is there a way to change this setting globally (via
ODBC configuration, registry, whatever)? Either setting it to a specific
value or disabling the timeout altogether would be fine.

BTW, "Connect settings" on page 2 of the datasource settings looks
promising, but these commands are sent before the timeout is set. So
while I can change a timeout there, it is overridden by the default.

        hp

| |   | hjp@hjp.at         | management tools.

Вложения