Re: PANIC during crash recovery of a recently promoted standby

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PANIC during crash recovery of a recently promoted standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 07:58:29PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Invalid-page checking during crash recovery is hamful rather than
> useless. It is done by CheckRecoveryConsistency even in crash
> recovery against its expectation because there's a case where
> minRecoveryPoint is valid but InArchiveRecovery is false. The two
> variable there seems to be in contradiction with each other.
>
> The immediate cause of the contradition is that StartXLOG wrongly
> initializes local minRecoveryPoint from control file's value even
> under crash recovery. updateMinRecoveryPoint also should be
> turned off during crash recovery. The case of crash after last
> checkpoint end has been treated in UpdateMinRecoveryPoint but
> forgot to consider this case, where crash recovery has been
> started while control file is still holding valid
> minRecoveryPoint.

Hmm.  This patch looks interesting and those issues need a very careful
lookup.  This is one of those things which should be fixed as part of
the extra CF, so I am planning to look at it in details very soon,
perhaps by the end of this week...

I have by the way noticed that nothing was registered in the CF app:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/18/1680/
I have added as well a bullet point in the open item page of v11 for
older bugs.
--
Michael

Вложения