Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods

От Ildus Kurbangaliev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 14:05:20 +0300
Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> Yes, this patch definitely lacks of good usage example.  That may
> lead to some misunderstanding of its purpose.  Good use-cases
> should be shown before we can consider committing this.  I think
> Ildus should try to implement at least custom dictionary compression
> method where dictionary is specified by user in parameters.

Hi,

attached v16 of the patch. I have splitted the patch to 8 parts so now
it should be easier to make a review. The main improvement is zlib
compression method with dictionary support like you mentioned. My
synthetic tests showed that zlib gives more compression but usually
slower than pglz.

--
---
Ildus Kurbangaliev

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)