Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in PLySequence_ToJsonbValue()

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in PLySequence_ToJsonbValue()
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 10:25:27AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
>> It doesn't contain something particular wrong, but it's just badly
>> formatted.  As I can see, we're keeping lines in commit messages no
>> longer than 80 characters when possible.  I've commit message with 158
>> characters line for no reason.  It was just because I wrote this
>> commit message with word wrapping enabled.
>
> Ah, it wrapped in my mail app so I didn't notice.
>
> FWIW, I actually try to keep commit log lines to 75 characters, because
> that's what displays nicely in "git log".  Links such as Discussion:
> tags tend to run over, but there's little to be done about that as long
> as gmail insists on such ridiculously long message IDs :-(

Here is a trick I have learnt to use with my emacs configuration for
commit messages:
;; Git settings: auto-fill-mode for commits with dedicated mode.
(define-derived-mode git-commit-mode text-mode "GitCommit"
  "Mode for writing git commit files."
  (setq fill-column 72)
  (auto-fill-mode +1)
  (set (make-local-variable 'comment-start-skip) "#.*$"))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist
         '("/\\(?:COMMIT\\|NOTES\\|TAG\\|PULLREQ\\)_EDITMSG\\'"
           . git-commit-mode))

This forces any commit messages written to be within 72 characters, so
you have one thing less to think about.  Just be careful to keep
discussion links into one line.
--
Michael

Вложения