Re: WAL prefetch

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: WAL prefetch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-06-13 16:09:45 +0300, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:
> Usage:
> 1. At master: create extension wal_prefetch
> 2. At replica: Call pg_wal_prefetch() function: it will not return until you
> interrupt it.

FWIW, I think the proper design would rather be a background worker that
does this work. Forcing the user to somehow coordinate starting a
permanently running script whenever the database restarts isn't
great. There's also some issues around snapshots preventing vacuum
(which could be solved, but not nicely).

Greetings,

Andres Freund