Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 10:09:26AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> As per discussion till now, we have two options to proceed:
> (a) Remove the define "#ifndef FRONTEND" that prevents pgwin32_open
> usage in frontend modules.  We have done some research and found that
> it was added in the past to allow build of modules like libpq/psql.
> If we want to use this option, then some work is needed to ensure all
> frontend modules work/behave correctly.
> (b) Use c.h in pg_test_fsync which will allow usage of pgwin32_open.
> Option (a) appears to be a good approach, but I am not sure what exact
> tests would be required.

pg_upgrade could be a good match here by removing the stuff around
SERVER_START_LOG_FILE and SERVER_STOP_LOG_FILE in pg_upgrade.h and that
can run with a single command using vcregress.bat.

> Do you prefer any of the above or have any better suggestions?

(a) looks like a good plan to me, as long as there is no back-patch as
the result patch would be likely invasive.  I would also suggest for v12
to open for commits.
--
Michael

Вложения