Re: pgsql: Exclude VACUUMs from RunningXactData

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Exclude VACUUMs from RunningXactData
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 2018-06-07 16:24:30 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Exclude VACUUMs from RunningXactData
> > GetRunningTransactionData() should ignore VACUUM procs because in some
> > cases they are assigned xids.
>
> Uh, what?  Lazy vacuum shouldn't acquire an xid.  If it does, that
> would suggest it's running code that it's unsafe for
> GetRunningTransactionData to ignore.

Well, we currently do acquire an xid at the end when truncating (see
[1]). But that still doesn't seem to make it the right thing to ignore
these xids.  Let's continue the discussion over there?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20180607211918.h2cdja26ypriw2sm%40alap3.anarazel.de