Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Microsoft buys GitHub, is this a threat to open-source
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 08:44:37PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I have few projects there - Orafce, plpgsql_check, and pspg. I hope so
> these projects are well protected by BSD licence - and distributed
> redundant nature of git. I hope so there is not reason for panic this
> moment. I have not a big data in non git sources - issues, and others.

Not sure myself if there is any need to worry about this stuff (which is
not related to Postgres lists as there is no dependency to github,
yeah!), still one thing that anybody hosting projects on remote places
should do anyway is to take automatic backups of what they have on those
places and keep a copy of them locally.  This way, you have an exit door
if something happens to the place where the code is located.  I do so
for all my stuff on github for example.  And git makes that really easy
to do.
--
Michael

Вложения