Re: Add CONTRIBUTING.md

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Add CONTRIBUTING.md
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-06-03 13:30:58 -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

> > On Jun 1, 2018, at 6:01 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 2018-Jun-01, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> >
> >> This would also coincide well with the content we want to move from
> >> the wiki to www.
> >
> > What content is that?
>
> Per a discussion at the developer meeting, basically the “locked content”
> on the wiki around developer policies, etc. Unfortunately, we did not list
> it out in the notes, and thus I have to do some inquiring to pull the official
> list of pages.

I'd even start out with something more minimal, in the interest of
incremental forward progress. I think we'd basically need a reference
to:

a) the original source code lives on git.pg.o - sites like github are
   just mirrors.
b) commitfest app (and then later docs about it), so people know where
   to go to open the equivalent of a pull request
c) link to developer section in the docs, for style etc

does that sound like a reasonable outline?

Greetings,

Andres Freund