Re: pg_config.h.win32 missing a set of flags from pg_config.h.inadded in v11 development

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_config.h.win32 missing a set of flags from pg_config.h.inadded in v11 development
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 02, 2018 at 01:24:41PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
>> But yeah, clearly those are missing from pg_config.h.win32 at the
>> moment. It's not actually clear to me, when that file is (supposed to
>> be) updated. Are you supposed to remember to update it, whenever you
>> update pg_config.h.in? Or does someone update it with the results from
>> some canonical MinGW buildfarm member before the release?
>
> AFAIK you have to update it manually; I've never seen anyone attempt
> to rebuild it as per your second hypothesis.  There are bits of it
> that configure definitely could not produce.

c9e1ad7f for example, which is the last thing I could come up with.
Navigating through the logs of the buildfarm, it is actually not really
easy to find out which version of OpenSSL a build is using at compile
time.  Perhaps we would want first to report this information?
SSLeay_version is here for configure, while we could use a call to
"openssl version" for the MSVC scripts.

Actually, it seems that to me that SSL_OP_NO_COMPRESSION should also be
added..  Making HAVE_X509_GET_SIGNATURE_NID a hard requirement bumps the
minimal version of OpenSSL supported to 1.0.2, which is something I
would not feel much sorry about either like Heikki, as I have heard of
many vendors maintaining OpenSSL past versions on Linux, but not yet on
Windows.  It is easy to be wrong when it comes to any company policies
though.
--
Michael

Вложения