Re: propose web form for submission of performance problems

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: propose web form for submission of performance problems
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 06:27:31PM -0700, Craig James wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 4:57 PM, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>
> > What would the list think of a web form for submitting problems the
> > performance
> > list, similar to the pgsql-bugs form?
> >
> > Alternately, or perhaps additionally, a script (hopefully bundled with
> > postgres) which collects at least the non-query specific info and probably
> > creates .logfile file for attachment.
> >
> > I assume fields would be mostly the content/questions off the SlowQuery
> > wiki
> > page, plus everything else asked with any frequency.
> >
> > There could also be "required" fields..
> >

> Is there something wrong with this email group? I actually to like it. Low

I meant something exactly like the bug form:
    https://www.postgresql.org/account/login/?next=/account/submitbug/
    https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-bugs/2018-05/
"Entering a bug report this way causes it to be mailed to the
<pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> mailing list."

The goal was to continue the list but encourage problem reports to include all
of the most commonly-needed(missing) information, and in a standard format too.

But actually I see that nowadays it requires an account, which isn't great and
might discourage many people from using the web form.  But maybe that's better
for some people than requiring subscription to the list.

Justin

Сообщение: Re: propose web form for submission of performance problems
Сообщение: Re: propose web form for submission of performance problems