Re: Postgres, fsync, and OSs (specifically linux)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Postgres, fsync, and OSs (specifically linux)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-04-28 11:10:54 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> When we crash-restart, we also go through and clean things up some, no?
> Seems like that gives us the potential to end up fixing things ourselves
> and allowing the crash-restart to succeed.

Sure, there's the potential for that. But it's quite possible to be
missing a lot of free space over NFS (this really isn't much of an issue
for local FS, at least not on linux) in a workload with rapidly
expanding space usage. And even if you recover, you could just hit the
issue again shortly afterwards.

Greetings,

Andres Freund