Re: Patch missing from back branches

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Patch missing from back branches
Дата
Re: Patch missing from back branches  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 09:06:09AM +0500, Haroon wrote:
> Apparently the following patch[1]  got committed to head only (9.6 at the
> time) and never made it into back branches i.e. 9.5, 9.4 and 9.3. Is it an
> oversight ?
>
> [1]
> http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/868628e4fd44d75987d6c099ac63613cc5417629

The support of VS 2015 being back-patched down to 9.5 is intentional,
as the ideawhen integrating a new integration with visual studio is to
patch HEAD plus the latest major version already released, at least
that's the move respected for the last couple of years.

Now I think that you are right: we should have this patch present as
well in REL9_5_STABLE in order to be able to get the combination
REL9_5_STABLE/VS2015 working correctly.  At least we have made efforts
to claim support of VS2015 down to 9.5, so I would suggest to
cherry-pick it and make the solution complete.

The discussion about _timezone and _tzdata is here by the way:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqTEkqF7E7nWcdQSvyOUAV3OGjX%3DrKSxFTkk03TOJGF5ng%40mail.gmail.com

There is dory in the buildfarm which compiles using VS 2015, but it runs
only 9.6 and newer versions.

Robert?  Or Magnus perhaps?
--
Michael