Re: Boolean partitions syntax

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Boolean partitions syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:23:03 +0900, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote in
<bdb1d41a-a150-406c-cc66-c93c7625f388@lab.ntt.co.jp>
> On 2018/04/24 4:33, Tom Lane wrote:

Agreed that it is too-much for v10. (I hoped that something more
might be introduced to v11:p)

> >> Here too.
> >
> > Pushed.  It occurred to me at the last moment that we could partially
> > address one of my original concerns about this hack by converting TRUE
> > and FALSE to strings 'true' and 'false' not just 't' and 'f'.  Those
> > will be accepted by boolin just as well, and doing it like that slightly
> > reduces the astonishment factor if somebody writes TRUE for, say, a
> > text column's partbound.  I'd still prefer that we throw an error for
> > such a case, but that'll have to wait for v12.
>
> Thanks for making that change and committing.

+1, and thank you for discussing. I'll add this item to the next
CF.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Built-in connection pooling
Сообщение: Re: Built-in connection pooling