Re: perltidy version

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: perltidy version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 3/5/18 09:02, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >     I think we should just pick some recent one and use it for X years; use
> >     that one for all backbranches.  I propose X=3.  I propose 20170521
> >     (newer ones seem to cater for stuff that I think we mostly don't use).
> >
> > 20140328 seems to cover *most* versions. Another argument for that one
> > would be it's the one that we have on Borka, which is where we build the
> > official release tarballs, so we can use that as a stable fallback.
> >
> > Those are both fairly weak arguments though. As long as we have good
> > instructions for how to make a local install of it that doesn't affect
> > the rest of the system, then that should not matter. And we need such
> > instructions anyway, since it won't be on every distribution.
>
> Did we decide on this?

No agreement yet apparently :-)

I still vote we use 20170521 which is recent enough that we won't have
to change it in a few years.

I further vote that we change the URL in pgindent/README from
sourceforge to metacpan.org,
https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/Perl-Tidy/lib/Perl/Tidy.pod

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: perltidy version
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Make description of heap records more talkative for flags