Re: New archives layout is not an improvement

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

> > On Apr 20, 2018, at 2:20 AM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:

> >> This is definitely an improvement, thanks!
> >
> > I like the message page density now, but the loss of index page
> > (e.g. https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/since/201804181425)
> > density is still dramatic.  My viewport that formerly fit 43 subject lines now
> > fits 14.
>
> How do you feel about scrolling on this page in a mobile view? I ask because
> we may need to balance how many entries appear on desktop vs. mobile,
> but before adjusting I’d like to get some feedback on if we need more/less
> entries in mobile view as well.

I looked at the same yesterday and I agree with Noah.  There's too much
vertical space there.

I think the problem of horizontal scrolling in mobile for the archives
(mentioned by Peter G) is so serious, that the archives are just not
usable in mobile at all.  If the archives in mobile are unusable, why
try to cater with minor spacing tweaks?  Adjusting vertical spacing to
help mobile is really a thing too minor -- it needs a major revamp
first, in particular to handle text flow, as Peter suggests.  (I don't
know specifically about using the Gmail algorithm, whatever that is.)

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: