Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2018/04/18 0:04, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Amit Langote wrote:
> >
> >> I just confirmed my hunch that this wouldn't somehow do the right thing
> >> when the OID system column is involved.  Like this case:
> >
> > This looks too big a patch to pursue now.  I'm inclined to just remove
> > the equalTupdesc changes.
>
> OK.  Here is the patch that removes equalTupdesc optimization.

Hmm.  If we modify (during pg12, of course -- not now) partition tables
that are created identical to their parent table so that they share the
pg_type row, this would become useful.  Unless there a reason why that
change is completely unworkable, I'd just leave it there.  (I claim that
it works like that only because it used to work like that, not because
it's impossible to make work the other way.)