Re: Speedup of relation deletes during recovery

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Speedup of relation deletes during recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 12:46:58AM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Yes, I think. And, I found that smgrdounlinkfork() is also dead code.
> Per the discussion [1], this unused function was left intentionally.
> But it's still dead code since 2012, so I'd like to remove it. Patch attached.

Indeed, it's close to six years and the status is the same.  So let's
drop it.  I have been surrounding the area to see if any modules
actually use those, particularly on github, but I could not find
callers.

The patch looks logically fine to me.  In your first message, you
mentioned that the replay time increased a lot.  Do you have numbers to
share with some large settings of shared_buffers?

It would be better to wait for v12 branch to open before pushing
anything, as the focus is on stabililizing things on v11.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation
Сообщение: Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation