Re: Gotchas about pg_verify_checksums

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Gotchas about pg_verify_checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 09:43:47PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> So I decided to add some support for earlier version in my version of
> the program, and pushed it to https://github.com/credativ/pg_checksums
> if anybody is interested in that. I have to admit that it is quite less
> fancy than your version.

Both things have the same features, except that I added as well long
options.  I can see two minor issues with your version:
1) The tool should not be allowed to run as root when using the enable
and disable modes.
2) On 11 and newer versions, you should use GetDataDirectoryCreatePerm()
to get the correct folder permissions and then set umask(pg_mode_mask).
--
Michael

Вложения