Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote wrote:

> Attached find a patch that does that.  When working on this, I noticed
> that when recursing for inheritance children, ATPrepAlterColumnType()
> would use a AlterTableCmd (cmd) that's already scribbled on as if it were
> the original.

While I agree that the code here is in poor style, there is no live bug
here, because the only thing that is changed each time is the copy's
cmd->def, and its value is not obtained from the scribbled 'cmd' -- it's
obtained from the passed-in cmd->def, which is unmodified.