Re: Proposal: Adding json logging

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Proposal: Adding json logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 03:27:58PM +0000, David Arnold wrote:
> > Plus it's likely only a short-lived interchange format, not something to be
> retained for a long period.
>
> Absolutely.
>
> There might be an argument that it's not easy on the eyes in the case it
> would be consumed by a pair of them. It's absolutely valid. Golang
> community has found a solution for that called logfmt, which I personally
> appreciate.

I think a suite of json_to_* utilities would be a good bit more
helpful in this regard than changing our human-eye-consumable logs. We
already have human-eye-consumable logs by default.  What we don't
have, and increasingly do want, is a log format that's really easy on
machines.

As to logfmt in particular, the fact that it's not standardized is
probably a show-stopper.

Let's go with JSON.

Best,
David.