Re: Bugs in TOAST handling, OID assignment and redo recovery

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Bugs in TOAST handling, OID assignment and redo recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 04:28:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I propose therefore that the right fix does not require an API change
> for GetNewOidWithIndex: we can just make it use SnapshotAny all the
> time.

I have not really checked this thread in details, but one thing that
strikes me is that it would be rather easy to add a TAP test based on
the initial script that Pavan has sent.  Would that be worth testing
cycles or not?  We do have tests like 008_fsm_truncation.pl which test
similar failure scenarios, so I think that we should have one.
--
Michael

Вложения