Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:52:06PM -0400, Keith Fiske wrote:
> Any chance of this being an inheritable property that can simply be
> overridden if the TABLESPACE flag is set when creating a child table? If
> it's not set, just set the tablespace to whatever was set for the parent.

I am wondering how you would actually design that without some kind of
unintuitive behavior for the end user as for some applications a set of
child partitions sometimes take advantage of the fact that they are on
separate tablespaces.  Hence why not relying on default_tablespace
instead when creating the partition set, or use a function wrapper which
enforces the tablespace when the partition is created?
--
Michael

Вложения