Re: Gotchas about pg_verify_checksums

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Gotchas about pg_verify_checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 02:40:58PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I agree with Michael -- shutting down the server using immediate mode
> could lead to torn pages, that crash recovery will need to repair at a
> later stage. I think that some strong caveats around this are required
> in the pg_verify_checksums docs, at a minimum.

Peter, the code does the right thing as it requires the instance's
control file state to be either DB_SHUTDOWNED_IN_RECOVERY or
DB_SHUTDOWNED.  The documentation, on the contrary, implies that
the instance just needs to be offline, which can be anything as long as
the postmaster is stopped.  That's how I understand the current
wording.
--
Michael

Вложения