Re: pgsql: Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.hheaders.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.hheaders.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 08, 2018 at 06:35:39PM +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
> Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.h headers.
>
> Traditionally, include/catalog/pg_foo.h contains extern declarations
> for functions in backend/catalog/pg_foo.c, in addition to its function
> as the authoritative definition of the pg_foo catalog's rowtype.
> In some cases, we'd been forced to split out those extern declarations
> into separate pg_foo_fn.h headers so that the catalog definitions
> could be #include'd by frontend code.  That problem is gone as of
> commit 9c0a0de4c, so let's undo the splits to make things less
> confusing.

This patch or one of its relatives has visibly broken parallel builds
for me. "make -j 4 install" directly called after a configure complains:
In file included from ../../src/include/catalog/catalog.h:22:0,
                 from relpath.c:21:
../../src/include/catalog/pg_class.h:22:10: fatal error: catalog/pg_class_d.h: No such file or directory
 #include "catalog/pg_class_d.h"
compilation terminated.

I did not take the time to look into the problem, that's just a head's
up.  I am on HEAD at b3b7f789 so it is not like I lack any fixes.
Please note that "make -j 4" directly called works.
--
Michael

Вложения