Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-04-07 15:49:54 +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> Right, I suggest we wait and see if all members go green again as a
> result of 40e42e1024c, and if they're happy then we could maybe leave
> it as is with the 2 alternatives output files.

At least the first previously borked animal came back green (termite).

> I don't particularly think it matters which hash partition a tuple
> goes into, as long as the hash function spreads the values out enough
> and most importantly, the pruning code looks for the tuple in the
> partition that it was actually inserted into in the first place.
> Obviously, we also want to ensure we never do anything which would
> change the matching partition in either minor or major version
> upgrades too.

+1

I've also attempted to fix rhinoceros's failure I remarked upon a couple
hours ago in
https://postgr.es/m/20180406210330.wmqw42wqgiicktli@alap3.anarazel.de

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning