Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote wrote:

> >> 1. Still not sure about RelOptInfo->has_default_part. This flag is
> >> only looked at in generate_partition_pruning_steps. The RelOptInfo and
> >> the boundinfo is available to look at, it's just that the
> >> partition_bound_has_default macro is defined in partition.c rather
> >> than partition.h.
>
> Hmm, it might not be such a bad idea to bring out the
> PartitionBoundInfoData into partition.h.  If we do that, we won't need the
> has_default_part that the patch adds to RelOptInfo.
>
> In the Attached v50 set, 0002 does that.

After looking at this for a moment, I again come to the conclusion that
the overall layout of partitioning code and definitions is terrible.
But we already know that, and there's a patch in commitfest to improve
things.  So my intention right now is to hold my nose and get this
pushed; we'll fix it afterwards.