Re: Wiki editor request

От Mototaka Kanematsu
Тема Re: Wiki editor request
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Thank you for polite explanation.

I understood your concern. These days, patent issue is sensitive concern.

> On 2018-04-04 06:44, Mototaka Kanematsu wrote:
>> In private judgment, I don't enforce a patent right for PostgreSQL.

I mean if our code includes our patent, there are no-charge, royalty-free in that.

I would like to know cases of other companies regarding patent.
In my understanding, engineers of big companies contributed the source code to PostgreSQL community.
Such as Google, VMware, NTT group, Fujitsu and so on.
I think they have many good patents for database technology more than Toshiba.
They maybe ever faced same situation in myself. I would like to know how they avoided the situation.

Anyway, I'm waiting discussion by the PostgreSQL Core team.

Best Regards,
Mototaka Kanematsu