Re: Add --with-llvm to the development snapshot build of Pg11

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Add --with-llvm to the development snapshot build of Pg11
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: jean.pierre.pelletier0 2018-04-01 <5ac02d8d.076f6b0a.49022.565d@mx.google.com>
> I'm testing Postgresql 11 on debian 9.4 stable using development snapshots (stretch-pgdg-testing), and would like to
testthe new jit support but pg_config shows that --with-llvm was not used when building.  Any idea if that would be
activatedat one point ?

> I've tried installing clang-3.9 and then reinstalled the same postgresql-11 binary package but from what I can see,
that'snot enough to get jit working in Postgres.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

the postgresql-11 package in git is actually already using
--with-llvm, but I had disabled it for stretch-pgdg (and
trusty/xenial) because the default clang and llvm in there are only
version 3.8.

I had not realized that stretch provides 3.9 as well, so the next
package build will use that. Yesterday's build attempt failed for some
other reason, I'll see if I can fix that today.

Thanks for the notice,
Christoph

От: "jean.pierre.pelletier0"
Сообщение: Add --with-llvm to the development snapshot build of Pg11
От: "jean.pierre.pelletier0"
Сообщение: Re: Add --with-llvm to the development snapshot build of Pg11