Re: Question about WalSndWriteData

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Question about WalSndWriteData
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

At Thu, 29 Mar 2018 20:11:03 +0300, Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote in
<04171363-a07d-62b7-4362-32de5414941c@postgrespro.ru>

> On 21.03.2018 10:08, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:

> >> There is a pq_flush_if_writable() right after this that will write out
> >> the rest of ctx->out.
> >>
> > Sorry, But PQ_flush_if_writable calls socket_flush_if_writable (or
> > mq_flush_if_writable).
> > This function flushes pqlib connection buffer, i.e. PqSendBuffer.
> > This buffer has no relation to ctx->out_buffer, where timestamp is
> > written.
> >
> > The obvious fix is to move assignment of timestamp prior to
> > pq_putmessage_noblock:

Yeah. The content of ctx->out is already copied into the buffer
inside libpq. So rewriting ctx->out doesn't have an effeict after
putmessage. Actually LogicalRepApplyLoop always receives packets
with send_time = 0! I overlooked that while discussing there..

It is also set by keep-alive message so we don't observe
pg_stat_subscription.last_msg_send_time to be null so often but
we can surely see it. (it is artificially caused by inserting a
wait just after UpdateWorkerStats call for 'w' message in
LogicalRepApplyLoop)

 select * from pg_stat_subscription ;
-[ RECORD 1 ]---------+------------------------------
subid                 | 16390
subname               | sub1
pid                   | 17191
relid                 |
received_lsn          | 0/1C0FDAE0
last_msg_send_time    |
last_msg_receipt_time | 2018-03-30 14:18:55.270096+09
latest_end_lsn        | 0/1C0FDA70
latest_end_time       | 2018-03-30 14:18:48.268534+09

> Sorry, I have not received confirmation whether it is a bug or not and
> is it going to be fixed.

So, my diagnosis is that this is apparently a bug, which should
be fixed as Konstantin is proposing. And it should be back-patched?

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning