Re: BUG #15132: Build fails in src/backend/utils/adt/encode.c

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15132: Build fails in src/backend/utils/adt/encode.c
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 08:09:11AM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 3/28/18 07:57, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> > Solaris 11.4 has b64_encode/b64_decode in libc. So building PostgreSQL 10.3
> > fails because they are defined in src/backend/utils/adt/encode.c as well:
>
> This will be fixed in the next minor release.

You are looking for this commit if you are interested (see the thread
reference as well):

commit: aac6286d8fd17f94f3bce5dd8b942b7fcf9e2a61
author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 18:33:45 -0500
Rename base64 routines to avoid conflict with Solaris built-in
functions.

Solaris 11.4 has built-in functions named b64_encode and b64_decode.
Rename ours to something else to avoid the conflict (fortunately,
ours are static so the impact is limited).

One could wish for less duplication of code in this area, but that
would be a larger patch and not very suitable for back-patching.
Since this is a portability fix, we want to put it into all supported
branches.

Report and initial patch by Rainer Orth, reviewed and adjusted a bit
by Michael Paquier

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/ydd372wk28h.fsf@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
--
Michael