Re: pgsql: Fast ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN with a non-NULL default

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Fast ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN with a non-NULL default
Дата
Re: pgsql: Fast ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN with a non-NULL default  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
On 2018-03-27 23:40:25 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Note there appear to be some independent failures?
>
> It looks to me like the hard failures from this patch are all on your JIT
> critters.

The one I noticed was:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=treepie&dt=2018-03-28%2002%3A43%3A00

*** /var/buildfarm/treepie/build/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/test/regress/expected/fast_default.out    Wed Mar 28 03:28:03
2018
--- /var/buildfarm/treepie/build/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/test/regress/results/fast_default.out    Wed Mar 28 04:56:44
2018
***************
*** 340,348 ****

  -- Aggregate function
  SELECT SUM(c_bigint), MAX(c_text), MIN(c_text) FROM T;
!  sum |  max  | min
! -----+-------+-----
!  200 | hello | 31
  (1 row)

  -- ORDER BY
--- 340,348 ----

  -- Aggregate function
  SELECT SUM(c_bigint), MAX(c_text), MIN(c_text) FROM T;
!  sum | max |  min
! -----+-----+-------
!  200 | 40  | hello
  (1 row)

  -- ORDER BY

which probably is just collation related and will stably fail?

> There are a bunch of random failures from Simon's commit,
> but I think those are just timing, per <31021.1522185986@sss.pgh.pa.us>.

There's also a few of that annoying postgres_fdw thing. Some of my
critters hit that regularly :(. We need to figure out what's going on
there.

Greetings,

Andres Freund