Re: PostgreSQL version on VMware vSphere ESXI 6.5 and harwareversion 13

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PostgreSQL version on VMware vSphere ESXI 6.5 and harwareversion 13
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 01:49:30PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> You should probably ask this question on the VMWare forums since its their
> software that would or would not have the performance improvements.
> PostgreSQL will benefit from any memory and disk-related virtualization
> enhancements that they made.  I would have to assume that the answer is a
> favorable yes.

(VMware human here).

Upgrading ESX or other VMware-related components has nothing to do with
PostgreSQL.  Some of the products may embed a version of PostgreSQL to
store some of their meta-data or other things, in which case the upgrade
to a newer PostgreSQL version, if need be, will be taken care of by the
product itself.  If you are using your own set of PostgreSQL instances,
then that's up to what you have at OS level.
--
Michael

Вложения