Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault
Дата
Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault
Список pgsql-bugs
Andres Freund wrote:

> Alvaro, Petr: If I understand correctly what happens here is that some
> *other* column than the replica identity has a predicate with a full
> blown SQL function.  We shouldn't evaluate arbitrary code like that
> inside the otuput plugin!
>
> So RelationGetIndexAttrBitmap() builds a bitmap of *all* indexed
> columns. Besides the code exec problem above, this is also just
> inefficient.  I think this needs to be replaced by some replident
> bespoke code?

I agree -- I think logicalrep_write_attrs() should not use
RelationGetIndexAttrBitmap at all but instead use some lower-level way
to obtain columns of the replica identity.  I don't know whether there
are historical-snapshot-related considerations to care about, in this
code, though.

This is neither my area nor my code, but if Petr and Peter decline
producing a patch for this quickly, I can look at it in a few days.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault