Re: pgsql: Use stdbool.h if suitable

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Use stdbool.h if suitable
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2018-03-23 00:42:39 +0000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Use stdbool.h if suitable
>
> Using the standard bool type provided by C allows some recent compilers
> and debuggers to give better diagnostics.  Also, some extension code and
> third-party headers are increasingly pulling in stdbool.h, so it's
> probably saner if everyone uses the same definition.
>
> But PostgreSQL code is not prepared to handle bool of a size other than
> 1, so we keep our own old definition if we encounter a stdbool.h with a
> bool of a different size.  (Among current build farm members, this only
> applies to old macOS versions on PowerPC.)
>
> To check that the used bool is of the right size, add a static
> assertions about size of GinTernaryValue vs bool.  This is currently the
> only place that assumes that bool and char are of the same size.

This appears to have broken buildfarm animal locust:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=locust&dt=2018-03-23%2001%3A13%3A30

I suspect that's because of the perl hunk
> src/pl/plperl/plperl.h           | 10 +++++-----

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix whitespace
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: pgsql: Adapt expression JIT to stdbool.h introduction.