Re: need meta data table/command to find query log

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: need meta data table/command to find query log
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Greetings,

These questions are not appropriate for the 'performance' mailing list
but should be either on 'admin' or 'general'.  Please use the
appropriate list for asking questions in the future.

* Rambabu V (ram.wissen@gmail.com) wrote:
> Please help us to get the query log details from meta data table/command in
> postgresql. aw we are not maintaining log files more than 2 days due to
> lack of space.

It's entirely unclear what you are asking for here when you say "meta
data."  Information about tables is stored in the system catalog,
particularly the "pg_class" and "pg_attribute" tables, but that's
independent from the WAL.  To read the WAL files, you can use pg_waldump
(or pg_xlogdump on older versions), though that's not 'meta' data.

> And also please provide document or sop for database upgrade from 9.3 to
> 9.6, as our database size was 4.5 tb and having table spaces as well. as it
> was production database system we do-not want to take any risk, please help
> us on this as well.

You'll likely want to use pg_upgrade to perform such an upgrade:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/pgupgrade.html

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: by mistake dropped physical file dropped for one table.
Сообщение: Re: by mistake dropped physical file dropped for one table.