Re: MSVC builld of 9.5.12 is broken?

От Victor Wagner
Тема Re: MSVC builld of 9.5.12 is broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 11:43:34 +0100
Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello, hackers.
> >
> > I've tried to build last state of REL9_5_STABLE branch (commit
> > 1f19e46124eee8c6a54834) and under Win32 encountered  following
> > errors:

[skip]

> It's also interesting to note that this did not break in HEAD, 10 or
> 9.6. And none of those actually have the SCRIPTS_COMMON code.

It seems that it early stages of 9.6 cycle there was another approach
taken to improve readability of this Makefile - just all common code
put into one C file. So there is no need for SCRIPTS_COMMON variable,
because its name is longer than name of common.o which would be its sole
contents.

> I'm unsure why this was introduced in 9.5 and earlier, but not in the
> newer ones.  This smells like a possible backpatch mistake, in which
> case that part should probably be backed out of the old branches
> rather than teaching mkvcbuild about it.

Note that said commit (91f3ffc5249) is not limited to rearranging
makefile. It also changes a lot into C code itself. So it is not a
question of reverting commit - it is making new commit, which reverts
changes in just one file.