Re: Disabling src/test/[ssl|ldap] when not building with SSL/LDAPsupport

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Disabling src/test/[ssl|ldap] when not building with SSL/LDAPsupport
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 08:34:41AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> For this an environment variable seems suited to me.  Say if
> PG_TAP_ALLOW_INSECURE is set, then the tests said "insecure" are allowed
> to run.  If the tests are tried to be run, then they are just skipped
> with a nice log message to tell you about it.  The cool part about this
> design is that all the tests that are not part of check-world could be
> integrated in it.  Most developers don't run regression tests on a
> shared resource.  Let me think about a full-fledged patch first.
> Documentation also matters a lot.

Attached is what I have finished with.  I have gathered the feedback
from everybody on this thread and I think that the result can satisfy
all the requirements mentioned:
- 0001 is a small patch which makes the SSL and LDAP test suite fail
immediately if the build's ./configure is not set up with necessary
build options.  This uses TestLib::check_pg_config to do the checks.
- 0002 introduces a new environment variable which can be used to decide
if an extra test suite can be used or not.  I have named it
PROVE_EXTRA_ALLOWED, and can be used as such:
make -C src/test check PROVE_EXTRA_ALLOWED=3D'ssl ldap'
This includes also some documentation.  Note that with default settings
the tests are skipped to keep things secure.

0002 is close to the logic mentioned by Peter E just upthread.  To be
more consistent with PROVE_TESTS and PROVE_FLAGS I also chose a prove
variable as that's related to TAP at the end.  I am of course open to
better names.
--
Michael

Вложения