Re: [HACKERS] Bug in to_timestamp().

От Arthur Zakirov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Bug in to_timestamp().
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 05:23:53PM +0100, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> * On line 52 there is a removed empty line, without any other changes around

Agree, it is unnecessary change. There was the macro there before.

> * On line 177 there is a new commented out line of code. I assume it's not
> an
>   explanation or something and we don't need it, am I right?

It explains a node type we deal with. But maybe it is not very useful,
so I removed it.

> And Oracle complains about this:
>
> SELECT to_timestamp('2000 + JUN', ' /') FROM dual
> ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string
>
> SELECT to_timestamp('2000 + JUN', ' ') FROM dual
> ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string
>
> It's sort of corner case, but anyway maybe you would be interested to handle
> it.

I think it could be fixed by another patch. But I'm not sure that it
will be accepted as well as this patch :).

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения