Slowly Changing Dimension implementation

От Thiemo Kellner
Тема Slowly Changing Dimension implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all

I am not aware of a database based solution for the implementation of
SCDs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slowly_changing_dimension) be it
0, 1 or 2 - I consider all other only as implementation specifications
of type 2. However, I am considering to implement a trigger based
solution and make it opensource. Is there a consense about how such
PostgreSQL add-ons are handled best? Where to store code and
documentation (with PostgreSQL modules, with SourceForge, github ...),
where to publish (mailing lists), when to publish code and
announcements (only beta ware and more stable as opposed to from the
beginning, ...?

Kind regards

Thiemo

--