Re: Parallel bt build crashes when DSM_NONE

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Parallel bt build crashes when DSM_NONE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 12 Feb 2018 22:05:36 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in
<20180212130536.GA18625@paquier.xyz>
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 05:06:35PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> 4 regression tests fail when using dynamic_shared_memory_type=none:
> join, aggregates, select_parallel and write_parallel.  test_shm_mq of
> course blows up.  Could that justify getting rid of DSM_IMPL_NONE?  As

A query runs into the fallback route in the case, which even
though the regtest doesn't care about. So it alone doesn't
justify that.

> far as I can see there is an alternative on Windows, and we fallback to
> sysv in the worst case.  So I am wondering what's actually the use case
> for "none".  And it is good to keep alternate outputs at a minimum,
> those tend to rot easily.

Agreed. As Tom mentioned, no bf animal haven't complained with
that since 9.4 and I belive they won't. initdb doesn't create a
database with DSM_IMPL_NONE. Although it can be manually
deactivated, the fact that we haven't have a complain about that
can justify to remove it to some extent. I'll post a patch that
eliminate DSM_IMPL_NONE after this. I'd like it to be shipped on
11.

> Except for those mind errands your patch looks good to me.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center