Re: Disabling src/test/[ssl|ldap] when not building with SSL/LDAPsupport

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Disabling src/test/[ssl|ldap] when not building with SSL/LDAPsupport
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:22:13PM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I would like to see a global setting of some kind that specifies which
> extra tests are allowed to be run.  This could be a configure argument
> or an environment/make variable.  Rather than make it a list of tests,
> specify which facilities you have available, e.g.,
>
> PG_EXTRA_TEST_FACILTITIES='tcpip openssl slapd'
>
> Then you could combine that with the actual build configuration to skip
> tests that the build doesn't support.

Hm.  Wouldn't it be enough to just spread the use of
TestLib::check_pg_config and use SKIP on the tests where things cannot
be run then?  I see no need to invent an extra facility if all the
control is already in pg_config.h.  For slapd, you can actually just
check if it can be executed in the PATH defined at the top of
001_auth.pl in $slapd, and skip the tests if the thing cannot be run.
We have enough flexibility in perl and TAP to allow that to work
reliably.
--
Michael

Вложения