Re: Alter table set logged hanging after writing out all WAL

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Alter table set logged hanging after writing out all WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 11:35:13AM -0600, Jeremy Finzel wrote:
> I was able to get it to finish by just waiting awhile.  To give you an
> idea, the table with no indexes was set logged in 7 minutes.  With the gist
> index, it took 3 hours but finally finished.  It is only writing WAL for
> about the first 30 minutes, then it apparently is not writing any more WAL
> but takes very long to finish.

An idea to reduce the activity would be to temporarily run PostgreSQL on
scissors, by for example disabling full_page_writes and wal_level =
minimal, but don't do that if other sessions are running in parallel,
and take proper backups before doing it.
--
Michael

Вложения