Re: [HACKERS] Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Claudio Freire wrote:

> - vacuum test on its own parallel group

Hmm, this solution is not very friendly to the goal of reducing test
runtime, particularly since the new test creates a nontrivial-sized
table.  Maybe we can find a better alternative.  Can we use some wait
logic instead?  Maybe something like grab a snapshot of running VXIDs
and loop waiting until they're all gone before doing the vacuum?

Also, I don't understand why pg_relation_size() is not a better solution
to determining the table size compared to explain.