Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v10.0

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v10.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-02-07 20:35:12 +0100, Pierre Ducroquet wrote:
> I also find it more readable and it looks cleaner, insane guys could be able
> to write their own JIT engines for PostgreSQL by patching a single
> file :)

Right - we could easily make the libname configurable if requested.

> Since it's now in its own .so file, does it still make as much sense using
> mostly the LLVM C API ?

Yes, I definitely want to continue that. For one the C API is a *lot*
more stable, for another postgres is C.

> I included a small addition to the gitignore file, I'm surprised you were not
> bothered by the various .bc files generated.

I use a VPATH build (i.e. source code is in a different directory than
the build products), so I do not really see that. But yes, it makes
sense to add ignores....

Thanks for looking,

Andres Freund