Re: Compile issue with glibc-2.27 (copy_file_range)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Compile issue with glibc-2.27 (copy_file_range)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 02:21:38PM +0100, Thomas Trepl wrote:
> according to changlelog of glibc-2.27 they introduced a new function
> named "copy_file_range".

Yes, some buildfarm machines caught that already.  Here is the commit
fixing it, which will be available in next week's round of minor
releases:

commit: 3e68686e2c55799234ecd020bd1621f913d65475
author: Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 12:40:32 -0800
Rename pg_rewind's copy_file_range() to avoid conflict with new linux syscall.

Upcoming versions of glibc will contain copy_file_range(2), a wrapper
around a new linux syscall for in-kernel copying of data ranges. This
conflicts with pg_rewinds function of the same name.

Therefore rename pg_rewinds version. As our version isn't a generic
copying facility we decided to choose a rewind specific function name.

Per buildfarm animal caiman and subsequent discussion with Tom Lane.