Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15035: scram-sha-256 blocks all logins
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 04:55:49PM +0000, Meirav Rath wrote:
> Seriously, though, it took all three of you a whole day to find out
> something from the depth of your documentation, and when I point out
> that the documentation is not user-friendly - which this ordeal
> obviously proved - you complain about it?? You complain about
> something true because an outsider pointed it out??

Based solely on the contents of this thread, seven different people have
kindly replied to your problems and help you get through it, pointing
out your own mistakes and how to solve things.  And all those replies
happened within one day.

If you find yourself having a hard time to navigate through the
documentation, please note that you can search by keyword using the
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/bookindex.html

Please note as well that it is possible to search for keywords by
yourself, in order to use this feature look for "Search Documentation"
at the top any documentation page on postgresql.org.  In your case,
looking for "pg_hba.conf" could have helped.

> Our users notify us when (and if) they're about to switch to a
> different database, or start working with a new database. You don't
> know if I'm in a position to consult with them whether or not to use
> PostgreSQL, you don't know how many users we have who could hear from
> me to never, ever use PostgreSQL.

Please note that this is a public mailing list, as an open source
project discussions are in an open field.  So say hi to yourself here,
this will be present for as long as postgresql.org exists:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/151723922191.1238.12656996435976596418%40wrigleys.postgresql.org
Are available on this public information your name as well as your
company which is the information you provided.

> Grow up, quickly.

Wishing you the same, and the best on top of that.
--
Michael

Вложения